YOUR BABY SUDDENLY WAKE UP AT NIGHT
If your baby is around 9 months, you know him over and over. Many babies sleep throughout this period throughout the night. But help! Your baby suddenly wakes up at night and cries in comfort. How are you and what can you do?
In these months, your baby changes a lot. He is developing rapidly and his world is getting bigger. That brings unrest, and often even broken nights. Often this is about 9 months, but some children suffer from this and others later.
Many 9-month-old babies suffer from separation anxiety. Your baby hangs on you and does not want you to leave. He wants nothing more than you and so he will make good sense of it.Because that’s another thing a baby has mastered now: he realizes he can cry you with his cry.
Separation anxiety is the most common reason why babies of this age start nursing ghosts at night.
The best thing you can do is give it up. Please hug your baby and rest assured. And yes, just get him out of bed. As soon as he is calmed, put him back into bed, possibly with your sleep rhythm . Play a lot of kiekebo games during the day, then the separation anxiety is faster.
Babies can also wake up at night because of their development. They are just then very excited about what they can. Some babies even tend to practice their new skills at night. They try to sit down or to roll. In that case, practice extra daytime.
What else you can do
- Make sure the bedside is low and your baby is sleeping in a sleeping bag .
- Stick to your bedritual .
- Provide a firm rhythm. Keep regular sleeping and eating times. This predictability ensures that your baby is more likely to be separated from the separation anxiety.
- Give your baby the chance to fall asleep. Do not go into every cry or cry, but listen. Is he sorry for him or does he sound so angry? Wait a minute. As soon as he really starts to cry, you will go straight to him and comfort him.
- A night light can help. It gives distraction and rests because it is not too dark. Make sure the light is soft so your baby does not wake up and stays out of the light. We have put the 4 best and most beautiful night lights in line.