Did you know that you sleep on average a third of your life? While you sleep your recovery physically and mentally and get your energy back. Unfortunately, not everyone falls asleep when the pad is in sight.
One third of the Dutch population has ever sleep. 10 to 15 percent of the population has insomnia a long and serious problem. Women are twice as likely to suffer from insomnia as men.
About 30 percent of young people have trouble falling or staying asleep (insomnia symptoms ie insomnia). And 5 to 11 percent have insomnia (sleeplessness). A conservative estimate is that about 50,000 young people in the Netherlands.
How did you sleep well? That question is not so easy to answer. For each person who sleeps poorly is different. But it can have these causes:
- Stress : When you are tense, it is difficult to get to sleep
- Lifestyle habits : for example, smoking, coffee and black tea. Nicotine, caffeine and theine are substances that are added up.
- Traumatic events: for example, an accident, theft or death.
- Age: Older people generally sleep worse.
- Mental health problems; for example, depression or an anxiety disorder . This allows you to get a disturbed sleep-wake rhythm.
What happens if you sleep long bad?
If you sleep long bad, that’s not good for you. You’re tired, you can concentrate poorly at work or at school and you get irritated. You may also suffer from depression. In addition, you can click on dangerous or undesirable time being overcome by sleep. Consider driving or in a meeting. What can you do?