YOUR TODDLER GOING TO THE BIG BED
What a milestone! Your little toddler is suddenly no longer so small to a big bed. The transition is also exciting for your toddler and can cause a lot of trouble at night. But that can be avoided if you take the time.
Somewhere between 1 and 3, it’s so far: your toddler gets a big bed. As soon as he tries to climb or open his sleeping bag himself, it is safer to move. Maybe there’s a little brother or sister to come and you need to go to a new bed. And once your toddler is finished, it is also a good idea to buy a big bed. This way he can go to the bathroom at night.
Make it a party
But what a change! By making a party, you will see that the transition is very smooth.
- Take your toddler with the purchase of the bed. Make a nice getaway, a visit to the ball and closing with pancakes is not a crazy idea. Do not you buy a new bed, but can you take one?Also, involve your toddler.
- Buy bedding that your child likes too and treat him if necessary on a new hug in the bedroom.
- Put the new bed together in the bedroom and leave it there. For the time being, the new bed is a nice toy and you do not have to sleep with your toddler.
- Once your toddler is used to the new bed, move the bedright to the new bed. Here you read the booklet and sing a song. Sleeping is still possible in the camp.
- As soon as the time is over, the board will disappear, you can celebrate a party. Decorate the new bed with balloons and slingers. Stopp a few presents in the bed and eat pie together.Success guaranteed! Your toddler will find it beautiful.
- Put the mattress next to the new bed in the first few weeks. Many toddlers still need to get used to the room and can fall out of bed at night. A mattress prevents accidents. Your toddler can find his new bed now maybe a bit scary. Stay positive about the new bed and stick to the familiar bedritual. After a few weeks, the new bed feels familiar.