A snorer makes a lot of noise when air flows past his nose and throat. Snoring is besides being annoying also very dangerous for your environment. At very severe snorers can sometimes stop breathing, you can to sleep apnea suffer from this disorder and brings a lot of risk with it.
The most characteristic symptom of snoring is obviously hard sound that passes through the marrow. It may even be so loud that the snorer can make of wakes. There are also some symptoms of snoring:
- sore throat
- Dry mouth
There are more than three hundred products on the market that prevent snoring. Some really help and some are pure nonsense. Because there are so many factors that cause snoring, finding the right solution is a matter of trying.
Besides losing weight, quitting smoking and drinking, and treat a stuffy nose, there are three categories to prevent snoring, namely sprays, pills or devices.
- Sprays. In sprays, it is assumed that people snore because they have a dry throat. Therefore, a spray usually contains one or more oils to lubricate the throat. They also have a taste, you can choose between orange, lemon or peppermint. The oil in the spray also ensures that the fabric from sticking together, which can reduce or stop snoring. For sleeping you spray a few times in your throat. The sprays have varying degrees of success, but for most people it helps somewhat.
- Pills. With pills eliminate the underlying cause of snoring. If you know the cause of snoring, you can choose a product with ingredients that address these causes. There are remedies that thinning the mucous patch of soft tissues, also there are remedies that resolve throat and nasal mucus.
- Devices. There are many anti-snoring devices to mention, so we describe only the devices that are being used a lot. So there are sleeping pads , chin straps and nose strips that snoring can fight, but there are several mouth devices that can help.
If you’ve tried all treatment without the desired result, it may be that you present to your doctor uvula, soft palate and can reduce or eliminate the surrounding tissues. Of the tissues to be made more rigid by means of causing scar tissue. Four severals operations:
- Laser-assisted uvuloplastiek (LAUP)
- Somnoplastiek with the aid of heat
- Uvulopalatofaryngoplastiek (UPPP)
All of these procedures are used in snoring that is caused by the soft tissues from the palate and the throat. Surgery is not for everyone’s taste, namely the surgeries have some disadvantages. So UPPP and LAUP are relatively expensive and very painful when you need a long time after the surgery to recover. The forms of somnoplastiek be painful, but less. In addition, you only know whether the operation was successful and the recovery period is over. The soft tissue can grow back, so you can go back and snoring you have to undergo surgery.
There are several situations that can lead to snoring, including simple and complex situations, including:
- breathing Difficulties
- A structural problem in the nose
- Inflamed tonsils
- Significant weight gain
- sleeping on the back
- Smoking and drinking
- certain medications
- Become older
The most common causes of snoring include:
- Snivel and sneezing. If you have a cold or have an allergy, your head is closed and you can snore. Your nose is blocked or your nasal cavity are swollen. You do need to breathe through your mouth instead of your nose. Every time you breathe through your mouth, the greater likelihood of snoring, especially if your airways are blocked.
- A crooked nose. In people with a crooked nasal septum, the wall which separates slightly rotated about the both nostrils of each other relative to the middle or has a regular shape. This makes both nostrils different sizes and can be difficult to breathe through the nose. Sometimes you are also going for snoring.
- Almonds . By inflamed and enlarged tonsils can snore.
- Overweight. Obesity can also cause snoring. If you’re heavier, the fat can be stored in throat mucosa. If the fat tissue increases, your airways becoming narrower and go snoring.
- Sleeping on your back. You will quickly snore when you lie on your back, because you can now mouth fall open by gravity and therefore you breathe through your mouth. Also provided by the airway zwaartekrachtde more closely, allowing the tissues to vibrate more.
- Smoking and drinking. Smoking irritates your nose and throat, increasing congestion and this reinforces snoring again. If you drink alcohol, relax your muscles, including those of your throat. The fabrics are also weaker and thus the airway becomes narrower. The tissues start to vibrate as soon as air passes and this causes snoring.
- Pills. Antidepressants can aggravate snoring, they work the same as alcohol.
- Become older. As you get older you get more likely to snore. This is because elderly people often weigh more than when they were younger, muscle strength decreases as you age, making the soft tissues can sag and go hence snoring. The soft tissues of the mouth and throat are weaker, that makes you snore before.
Before you can really do something about snoring, you must first see to figure out which of these causes is the real cause.