SLEEPWALKING EXPLAINED SYMPTONS, CAUSES AND TREATMENT
Sleepwalking is walking while you sleep and where you think you’re setting up. It begins when the sleeper wakes half, the part of the brains that should ‘sleep is active so the sleeper gets out of bed and goes sleepwalking. It usually occurs during SWS , in the first part of the night. Generally, it is more common in men than in women. Sleepwalking is covered by the term parasomnia .
A sleepwalker know the next morning little or nothing about sleepwalking.
Characteristics of sleepwalking and sleep walkers:
- It begins about one to three hours after falling asleep
- It usually takes five to fifteen minutes, sometimes it can take an hour
- Questions given mumbling answer
- The eyes may be open, with blurred vision
- It seems that they can see, the coordination is just very bad
- They are asleep and have no control over their actions
- They do not normally sound judgment
- They may urinate in odd places
- They say things they do not say if they are awake
- They are difficult to arouse
- Sometimes they are aware of the environment and can then exhibit strange behavior. For example, into the car and start the engine
Sleepwalking is generally not causing problems, the sleepwalker example, no problems known in his life and still go sleepwalking. And someone with problems do not go sleepwalking persee.
Heredity plays an important sleepwalking often. For people with a genetic predisposition is likely that they will sleepwalking when under pressure or tension. But even if they are very tired or have increases the risk of sleepwalking a lack of sleep.
the ageis also an important factor in children because it is more common than in adults. In most children, the less as they get older and they eventually grow over it. It can also begin in adulthood, but the disorder remains usually consist of your life.
Sleepwalking can also be the result of alcohol or drug use.
Because fatigue and lack of sleep increase the risk of sleepwalking you must as a sleepwalker ensure that you do not get overtired. To sleepwalking can also help a regular sleep pattern.
In adult humans can treat sleepwalking by performing a psychologist talks. You can learn how to deal with anxiety and stress caused by the disease. Relaxation Exercise can also be good and in severe cases, antidepressants are needed to combat the symptoms.
If sleepwalking is the person kwesie first need to solve problems caused by alcohol or drug use. Only then sleepwalking can be treated.
To sleepwalking as safe as possible can be made a number of changes also in the bedroom. Note: These tips not reduce the sleepwalking.
- Remove redundant furniture and rugs away loose and ample room to sleep on. This prevents tripping and bumping against something to
- Put caps at the corners of cabinets and tables
- Close all windows and close the doors locked. Thus, the sleepwalker can not accidentally left home. This is especially important as the bedroom windows are pretty high, it’s because it happened once it fell and deceased people from the window or balcony
- There are special sensor mats for sale. You can submit the bedroom door and alarm as the sleepwalker stepped on the mat
- You can hang a wind chime over the door, which is then ring when the door opens