Lucid dreams gain: Use the hypnagogic image technique …
Lucid dreaming can get in many ways. The two most common strategies how to lucid dreaming can get in and lead his dild and WILD . 1st species dreamers like a lucid dream get while they sleep (dild) . The second is when people fully aware of entering a lucid dream. (WILD).
WILD works: Before you end up in a lucid dream, you enter a magical area: the hypnagogic state. It turns then to your awareness to preserve and fall asleep.
1- How to hold your consciousness?
To hold your consciousness, you have several options:
1- focus on your hypnagogic images.
2- conscious create visualizations.
3- follow your breath or heartbeat.
4 focus on feelings in and around your body.
5- a sense of spiritual oneness with your surroundings
Basically everything that you keep your attention on it. If you are concerned your consciousness sufficiently aware while sleeping pulling you, you feel your body fall asleep while your mind remains awake and alert.
It may happen that you find yourself back in your own dream world, in a lucid dream.
Dild is how most people get their first lucid dream. Just be aware middle of a dream that you are dreaming.
2- How are these two methods have lucid dreams?
They differ on a few points. WILD always takes place after a brief awakening (sometimes only one or two seconds) from your dream and an immediate return to REM sleep .
That is not to get the case in lucid dreams with dild’s. Although probably in both ways of lucid dreaming is to occur later in the night, WILD’s share increases as the night progresses.
Whatever logically be lengthening your REM sleep . In other words, WILD’s is very likely that they pop up in the early morning and during afternoon naps.
WILD’s thus are less common than dild’s just have a big advantage: You can also generate targeted them.
The most common technique to generate WILD’s been falling asleep while you focus on the hypnagogic images that appear in falling asleep. We also call the hypnagogic image technique:
In the beginning you will be quite simple images, flashing lights and all kinds seeing symbols. Gradually appear more concrete images like people, characters, objects, and finally a complete scene.
Many lucid dreamers using this method is more or less invented by the Russian philosopher Oupensky.
When Oupensky fall asleep focused on images that passed while he fell asleep or when he fell asleep again, after he had just awakened from a dream.
Oupensky discovered that it was much easier to get a lucid dream in the morning after you wake up, then you do it in falling asleep at night. The latter works, read here … .
We describe the technique when you want directly into a lucid dream out of your waking state:
3- Hypnagogic image technique
- Relax completely.
- Close your eyes. Close your eyes and relax your whole body. Personally, I always start with a meditation of at least half an hour. To clean things up a bit already.
- Focus your attention on the hypnagogic images that emerge gradually.
- Watch the pictures come and go. View images as specific as possible.
- Do not bother holding them, study them and let them continue to flow again.
- Behold they not only desire to hold them or take other action. Take as much as possible the role of releasing observer. You will notice how the images of gray, gray and vague gradually turn into more colorful, vivid and lifelike scenes.
- You must allow yourself to be passively drawn into the dream. Try not to actively step into the lucid dream but stay in your role of releasing observer.
- Let your commitment to what you end up happening in a dream. But beware of too much involvement and lack of awareness.
- Remember that you are dreaming.
The big challenge in this technique is to stay in your role of conscious observer and naturally the dream flow requires great care.
A Tibetan dream yogi recommends to set a frame around the entry of the dream. Something like: