Do you want to prevent jet lag when flying long distances from east to west or vice versa? Use these tips against jet lag. Jet lag occurs when you crossed many time zones as you fly. This runs your internal body clock out of sync with the time zone of the destination.
Tips from jet lag
These 21 tips will help you to avoid jet lag or reduce.
- Book your trip so that you arrive in the evening at the place of destination.
- Adjust your sleep-wake rhythm already at your destination a few days earlier or later go to bed.
- Turn your smartphone and watch on departure at the time of the destination.
- Go well equipped journey and avoid stress you prepare properly.
- Try not to sleep during the flight when you arrive in the evening.
- Keep moving in flight by walking occasionally and stretch.
- Try to sleep during the flight when you arrive in the morning.
- Buy good earplugs and sleeping masks especially for the plane to sleep undisturbed
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes that do not pinch.
- High protein meals (meat, fish, poultry, eggs, cheese, legumes) help you stay awake.
- Allow the next day at a normal time, even though you’re still tired.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after the flight. This helps prevent dizziness and fatigue.
- Use a nasal spray to a dry nose to prevent
- Do not drink alcohol and coffee during the flight.
- Do not eat heavy meals during the flight.
- Consider using melatonin at times when you have to go to sleep
- Bring, if possible, after arriving some time in daylight.
- Use after arriving meals at fixed times.
- Try to adapt to the daily routine at the place of destination
- Ensure good sleep hygiene , including destination.
- Put the first days quietly so your body can recover and get used to the new environment.
HOW TO PREVENT JETLAG ? 21 TIPS AGAINST JET LAG