HOW DO YOU PUT YOUR BABY IN BATH
Before going to sleep, go to a bath. It’s a nice moment together for you and your newborn baby. But it’s also a great way to have your baby sleep well.
That can still be exciting! Do a little baby in a bath . With one arm you hold your baby, with the other arm you were your baby. At least, that’s what you’re trying to do. But exercise brings art and before you know, bathing is a wonderful moment for you together.
Newborn babies do not have to be bathed very often, basically 2 to 3 times a week is in principle sufficient. Going to a bath can also be part of a sleeping ritual. Relaxing a hot tub, your baby gets sooozy, making it easier to fall asleep. Certainly if the bath is followed by a short massage, your child is relaxing to dreamland.
When bathing, please note the safety. How predictable it may be, keep the following safety measures in mind:
- Never leave a baby alone in the bath. Even if he is in a special seat.
- Always hold your baby with one hand: put your arm under his shoulder blades and hold his upper arm.
- Keep the water shallow: 5 to 8 cm is fine
- Do not make the bath hot: 32 degrees is the best. (for comparison: a thermostat valve is usually set to 38 degrees)
- Do not put your baby in the bath when the tap is out, the temperature may change.
The easier you handle bathing, the more fun it becomes. Not only for your baby, but for you too. Therefore, some practical tips:
- Put all the items at your fingertips: towel , soap , laundry , possibly a toy
- Make sure the bathroom (or room where your baby is in bath) is pleasurable at temperature.
- Do not take your baby to bath immediately after eating, the food takes time to digest.
- Put 2 washcloths ready: one for washing with soap and one to wash the soap.
- Small babies do not have to be in the big tub. Except in a baby bath , your child can also be well in the sink.
- A bath with foam is not a good idea for newborn babies. A toy can of course already.
Also interesting to read: the most beautiful stories for sleeping..