“Help, I can not sleep!” That’s the thought you often haunt your head if you’re tired of turning and struggling and struggling to fall asleep. Poor sleep can provide stress. In severe cases it may even lead to a form of insomnia: Psychophysiological insomnia . How do you break that vicious circle of bad sleep? Discover and try these 7 sleep tips for people who can not sleep!
Tips to sleep poorly
First of all..relax! Your body is a wonderful thing and can sleep well for one or two nights. It appears that your body is programmed so that when you sleep a little, you have more sleep deeper in the nights afterwards, so you can catch up with sleep shortness without sleeping longer. Also, remember that 50% of all people sometimes suffer from poor sleep ( acute insomnia ). Use the following best practices to fall asleep as quickly as possible:
1. Turn your alarm clock over
Turn off your alarm because it just adds extra stress. There is more than just the duration of your sleep. The quality (depth) of your sleep also determines how well you wake up.
2. Write all the worries on a piece of paper
Make a worry list of all the things you’re up to. Paper is patient and after worrying about it, you do not have to remember them anymore. Just try. It really works!
3. Lower the thermostat or open a window
You sleep faster and better when your body cools down. Always keep your thermostat low when you go to bed and open a window so your bedroom is well ventilated . Take a hot shower just before you sleep, so your body cools down.
4. Eat a light snack
Can not you sleep because you’re hungry? Eat a light snack, such as a cracker with cheese or some fruit. Drink a hot glass of milk . But do not eat chocolate, fat stuff or sweet food. That only keeps you awake.
5. Listen to soothing music
Listen to special, soothing sleep music . This music is designed to generate slow brain waves so you get sleepier faster.
6. Apply the 4-7-8 technique
The 4-7-8 technique is a super simple trick to let your body fall asleep faster. It was developed by Holistic health doctor Andrew Weil. All you have to do is push lightly against the top of the tissue behind your forehead with your tongue and follow special fixed breathing patterns. This may cause you to sleep in a minute. Check out the instructions and a video.
7. Breathe through your left nose
If you can not sleep at night, gently close your right nose with your right nose and breathe through your left nostril . This will calm your para-sympathetic system and slowly slow down your heartbeat. This allows you to relax and fall asleep faster.
Means against bad sleep
In addition to the above quick tips, you can buy countless tools that help sleep less. We put the most important in a row:
- Earbuds . Good earbuds dampen annoying ambient sounds but make sure you keep your alarm clock in the morning.
- Sleeping masks . A sleep mask ensures that your body is not raised by excessive or excessive light. Because of this you sleep better.
- Melatonin . This sleep hormone is also available as a dietary supplement. You must take it well (about an hour) in advance. And remember that this medicine is not suitable for people who are very sensitive to, for example, caffeine.
- L-Tryptophan is an amino acid that is active in the brain and is used to rest. It is necessary for the production of serotonin.
- Sleeping Course . Learn how to sleep better and fall asleep without worrying. You can start right away because the book is also available as an ebook.