Adjust your sleeping posture and prevent complaints
Headaches or pain in your back when standing? Complaints of head, neck and spine can be caused by a poor sleeping posture. With the right support mattress and pillow you sleep a lot better. An attitude to look for different things.
sleeping on your back
- is a pillow is required for a separate support of the head. The thickness which is needed, is dependent on the curvature of the back. How this is more curved curvature, the thicker the pad has to be.
- A too thick cushion brings a kink in the spine caused. Also, a too hard cushion causes a kink. In addition, is then applied to a large pressing force on the back. It is best if the pad is deformed, and both the back and the neck support.
- In the prone position the spine in the neck is heavily loaded. This is due to the strong rotation of the head to the left or right. This rotation is necessary to breathe freely. A sleeping posture with a turned head and neck will often produce headaches.
- To sleep unlearn the stomach, you can make the pajamas to the front fat snaps or a small ball into a pocket. This causes a lot of discomfort when you’re going down on your belly. Therefore you automatically again lie on your side or back.
- The head and cervical spine should not depend too much. In the lateral position, this may be the case when the shoulders are relatively wide. In order to avoid this, the pillow must the neck and the head support so that the lateral deflection is limited.
- The spine may not sag between the shoulders and the pelvis. This may occur in a narrow waist, and a relatively broad shoulders and pelvis. The sagging of the lowest part of the chest and lumbar spine can pain cause. In subjects with a wasp waist serve the mattress and mattress support at the shoulders, pelvis and thighs to spring in deeper. The greater the local slump, the better the spine remains horizontal.