Do you often wake up with a painful back? Do you sleep better in a hotel bed than on your own mattress? Is your mattress already over 8 years old? If you have to answer yes with these questions, it’s high time to buy a new mattress. But how do you choose the right mattress? What should you pay attention to? A mattress that suits you is very important for a good night’s sleep. Are you a belly or a sidelaper? are you hurting your back soon? Do you transpire a lot? Everybody asks who play in your choice. There are so many brands and types that the choice is not easier.
Choosing the right mattress
What a good mattress is is very personal. A combination of body characteristics, preferences and sleep habits determines what is the best mattress for you.
Please note the following points for you looking for a new mattress:
- bed bottom
- current mattress
- cold or hot in bed
- degree of perspiration
- sleep attitude
- physical complaints
> See all mattresses
When choosing a mattress, keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Weight above 80 kg? Then choose a harder mattress with well-spaced comfort zones
- Weight under 80 kg? Then choose a softer mattress with well-spaced comfort zones.
- Do you take a lot of sleep? Avoid a mattress with a thick slim foam layer; This limits your freedom of movement.
- Zijligger? Choose a mattress with different comfort zones, for example at your shoulder and hip. Make sure your back is as straight as possible.
- Do you get it hot soon? Then go for a moisture-permeable mattress, for example a pocket spring mattress with a moisture-permeable topsheet (no foam or latex).
- Do you get cold soon? Cold foam, latex and foam foam insulate well.
- Back problems without medical cause? A mattress with different comfort zones is best for you. Because your shoulders and hips go deeper, your back is well straight.
- Back problems (no medical cause): Mattress with different comfort zones so your back is straight because your shoulders and hips are deeper.
- Are you suffering from allergies? Choose a mattress of ventilating material and anti-allergic tick.