|Broken nights, the first few months they belong. The stomach of your baby is still small, so he often has to drink. Also at night. So it is quite common for babies not to sleep by now.
No sleep has not been added during this period. However, your child can still sleep asleep everywhere and in the craziest places. Enjoy those moments! Because what’s more beautiful than your baby’s sleeping face?
- Your baby is going to sleep a little less. Is it still around 18 hours a day, at the end of week 4, most babies sleep an average of 15 hours on average . Exceptions are of course always. One baby needs more sleep than the other.
- Nutrition still takes place every 2 to 4 hours, which makes you hardly at ease. Even at night, baby’s just keep this rhythm full.
- At the end of week 4, some shelves have a baby that sleeps 5 hours apart. Officially, we are already talking about sleep! It is not said that this is also good. If you have such a sleep disorder, talk to your doctor or consultant. Whether it’s “can” all depends on how your baby grows, behaves and develops. Being awake is never a good sign!
- Your baby is awake for about 45 to 60 minutes. That’s not long. After a nutrition, clean diaperand hug, it’s almost bedtime.
- At this age it is difficult to recognize fatigue signals. Keep an eye on the clock. Is your baby still awake after an hour? Then he is really up to sleep.
- In the first month, babies already develop a period of a day in which they sleep longer. Many kids do that, unfortunately for you , during the daytime. Their biological bell has not been properly adjusted, so they get through them every day . In most cases, this will resolve automatically if a baby is older than 6 weeks, but you can already help him .
- The first month is not a sleep pattern or rhythm. Do not worry about that, that will come true.
How and where do you have to sleep a baby?
- Put your baby on the back of the 2nd week, reducing the risk of cervical death.
- Make the bed short, with the feet at the foot end. This way your baby can not get under the covers.
- Does your baby “climb” up in his cradle, leaving him exposed? Then use a sleeping bag. There are enough sleeping bags for newborn babies for sale.
- From the 2nd week you can start bouncing . It gives babies a feeling of feelings, it reminds them of the womb. Especially restless babies and hard sleepers benefit from this.
- Do not let your baby sleep in the room.
- You can start with a short sleep rite in the 4th week. For example: song, kiss and in bed By applying the same sequence of actions at each sleep, singing the same song, your baby recognizes what’s going to happen. In the evening you can add a bath and massage to the ritual.
- Many babies get soaked on a game. There really is nothing wrong with giving a game! Are you afraid of years of teasing jonkie? Then build between the 4th and the 6th month. After 6 months, babies adhere to cuddles and thus tease!
- Your baby will easily fall asleep in the chest or bottle, just like in your arms. There is nothing wrong with him, he’s still so small! If you want to avoid wrong sleeping habits, make sure your child falls asleep in different ways. Then on the chest, once in the stroller etc.
- Try waking your baby occasionally, but sleepy, put in his bed. This is the trick to sleep a baby.Does not your child succeed in falling asleep? Just try another time. Most importantly, your baby is sleeping well.
You as a parent
You may not believe it, but your baby will sleep as well. As long as this is not the case, take good care to take whatever rest you can take. Leave the dishwasher and the mountains for what they are. The nicer you are, the better you can take care of your baby.